Setting up a microbrewery-Step-9-Operational management
In general terms Operational Management is the business function that is responsible for managing and coordinating the resources needed to produce a company’s products and services. Simply put Operational Management transforms inputs to outputs.
In our case inputs are resources such as raw material (barley, hops, yeast), microbrewery plan (equipments), human resource (brew master, plant operator etc.) and output would be delicious Beer.
So, now let us look at some of the points which we need to consider in operational management of during microbrewery set up:
- Manpower like operator, staff, brew master – hiring and training
- Performance and acceptance testing
- Trial brew with very less volume
- Product testing, formulating
- Performance evaluation of the brew process and report
- Trouble shooting, correction, modification
- Monitoring the operation of plant, process and production
- Plant maintenance
- Inventory and production control
- Operation accounting
- Final acceptance
So, we are through all the functions/steps required to start up a micrbrewery. I know there could be many more questions that will require answers when building a microbrewery. However I am hopeful that you will find the answers for most of the key questions.
In case you do not find your answers here yet or you wish to discuss some part of the microbrewey set up/ promotions etc. then please feel free to contact us through the contact form on the right hand side of this page.
Hope to hear from you soon!